Monday, January 9, 2012

Watch our Words as We Walk

I've been taught the importance of our words since I was in my teens. I would be good with only positive words most of the time then I would become careless again. I hate to admit that this has been my life pattern. On again, off again.

Lance stopped by this afternoon and I asked him if he remembered when I had them saying scriptural blessings/affirmations. He said, "Not only do I remember saying them but I remember those things you put under our pillows that played them all night on an endless tape." I must confess I did.

Job 23:28 " You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light shall shine on your ways." If we decree good things, "God calls into being that which does not exist." [does not exist down here.] He will bring it to pass. God is just waiting, hoping we finally get it and decree great and wonderful things so He can bless us.

When the Israelites gave a bad report, [voiced negative, faithless words] in Numbers 14:34 "According to the number of days which you spied out the land, forty days, for every day you shall bear your guilt a year, even forty years and you shall know My opposition."

God does not like grumbling, lack of faith and careless negative words. Praise the Lord He doesn't punish us a year for every time we grumble about something or say things like, "My head is killing me." That is prophysing our own death. I ask God to reverse my words when I catch myself saying that kind of thing. Rod & I catch each other which helps.

To start blessings over yourself or your loved ones you can start with Deut. 28:1-14 with Mize
paraphrased. "If you will obey the Lord, your God, all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you--blessed shall you be in the city, blessed shall you be in the field, blessed shall be your children, your crops,[ability to get food] the increase of your herds and flocks,[your business will flourish blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl, [your food] blessed shall you be when you come in and blessed shall you be when you go out, the Lord will defeat your enemies, the Lord will command the blessing upon you in your barns [investments/ savings] and all you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord gives you. People will see you so blessed they will fear you. The Lord will make you abound in prosperity. He will open His storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and bless all the work of your hand, you shall lend but not borrow. The Lord will make you the head and not the tail if you will listen and obey His commandments.

If you do not obey these blessings turn into curses.

Mark 11: 23,24 "Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what He says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted you."

All those blessings will be yours if you obey Him and believe He will give them to you. And why would He not give them to you? You are His beloved child and He wants every good blessing for you just as you want them for your children.

I add other things to my blessing such as health, relationships, etc. I'm adding specific things for grandchildren and other family members.

I hope this walk has encouraged you in the Lord. Thank you for sharing it with me. Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment