Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Heart Cries For God

From Psalm 84 [my paraphrasing] "My soul nearly faints with longing for Your presence O Lord. My heart and my flesh cries out for the Living God. Blessed is the person whose strength is in Thee because they can go from strength to strength, never tiring. A day in Thy presence is better than a thousand days away from You. I had rather be a doorkeeper in Your house than to dwell anywhere without Your presence. You will not withhold any good thing from those who walk uprightly."

Roberts wrote as if Jesus was speaking, "It is my life I am giving you. It is Myself. Divine grace, heavenly love, infinite mercy, fathomless peace--all these shall spring forth unbeckoned out of the deeps within you because My Spirit has taken up residence there."

Moses prayed, "For a thousand years in Thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.--Teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom--Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us."

In Psalm 91 it says, "A thousand shall fall at my side and 10,000 at my right hand and not come near me because I have made the Lord my habitation--For He will give His angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways." Nothing can touch me until it passes through God first. If He allows it to pass through Him and touch me it is for my good and my growth and He will walk with me through it.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment