Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Understanding God's Plan or Ways For Me

January 18, 2012

Recently there was something [private] I wanted to do. I checked with God, as usual. I didn't understand exactly what He said, but I was pretty sure it was that He would rather I did not do it the way I was planning. However, I felt confused which I knew was not of God and admitted to myself that it might be because He didn't give me the answer I wanted.

I couldn't find anything in scripture that would be a reason for me not to do it. So I asked Him in my quiet time this morning to tell me His answer in my scheduled Scripture passage.

He knows me so well! He knew the only reason I was going to handle the situation was because I was impatient. He told me in my Psalm passage that there was nothing wrong with me doing what I was wanting to do, but He preferred I not do it. He said I should let the creator, sustainer, and all this long list of Who He is take care of the situation. I had to laugh at myself when I realized I was planning to depend on a human source when the God who created the universe wanted me to let Him take care of it.

How foolish can I be?! You probably don't want to walk with me until I smarten up.

I praise Him for loving me so much that He'll make sure I understand exactly what He wants from me.

Don't give up on me. I'll try to do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment