Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2, 2011

This morning I was reading a section of Frances J. Roberts "Come Away My Beloved" in my quiet time and was blessed by it so I wanted to share it with you.

"I have asked thee to give in order that I may bless thee more. I have challenged thee to pray so that I may respond and help thee. I have asked thee to rejoice in order to keep thee from being swallowed up by anxieties. I have asked thee to be humble to protect thee from calamities that fall on the proud. I have asked thee to forgive so as to make thy heart fit to receive my forgiveness. I have asked thee not to love the world for I would have thee loosed from unnecessary entanglements and free to follow me."

It blessed me and led me into my time with the Lord. I finished my Bible reading and prayers and was almost ready to leave my special place when I asked the Holy Spirit if there was anything else I should do today.

He said, "Water buffalo. Buy a water buffalo."

I was stunned. I knew what He was talking about. We like to support The Heifer Project when we can afford it, but right now we give to our church, provide money for one Jew to move to Israel each month, give monthly offerings to three programs that were my "churches" during my illness, and give a monthly offering to help drill wells for clean water for villages in Africa.

I told Him that He had to prepare Rod to hear this because I didn't think he would be interested.

Then God did a wonderful thing! [Why am I surprised?] A CD we ordered some time ago came in today. Part of the program on it was the blessings of giving and how it pleases God.

I decided this was the perfect time to tell Rod. Cautiously I mentioned it. He said it was fine with him, reached for the checkbook, wrote the check and prepared it for the mail tomorrow.

God is so good! All the time!!

I hope you enjoyed our time together today.

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment