Tuesday, March 27, 2012

SONGS IN THE MORNING

Recently everyone of my scripture readings mentioned songs or singing praises. I absolutely love poetry and songs and choruses. However, my mind has no idea how to form any of these beautiful forms.

Nevertheless, lately in my morning praise/prayer time phrases would come to mind so I would jot them down. Then I would put together those that sounded like they went together. [My son, Bill would wear a paper sack over his head if he found out I wrote these.]

Here are a few of the better ones. [Honestly some are worse.]

In Your presence I fly
From the earth to the sky
I bow before Your throne og grace
And see my Jesus face to face.

Lord Jesus, give me eyes
to se the in-vis-i-ble
Lord Jesus, give me ears
to hear Your still small voice
And I will praise You
Worship You, Worship You.

Lord Jesus, Your fragrance flows around me.
Your presence always surrounds and calls me
To praise, worship and adore You.

The fragrance of Your presence
Is on me still.
May it draw others to follow
Your will
And may they worship You,
Worship You.

I praise You Jesus because I love You,
I love You because You first loved me.

O Lord, You are my God,
I will exalt you,
I will praise Your name,
For You have done wonderful things.

It doesn't matter what you've done,
Only believe in Jesus the Son.
Only believe He will forgive you,
Only believe He will save you,
He paid the penalty for your sin
So now you, child, may enter in,
If you only believe
Only believe.

You can see why Rod is not impressed at all and wanted to do them over. I told him the Lord was more forgiving. When I sing them with whatever notes come into my head at the time and with my early-morning-froggy-voice, He accepts them as praise.

Obviously He loves me.

Please come walk with me again. I promise to never sing these to you.
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment