Friday, February 17, 2012

THIS and THAT

Boy does time fly! I cannot believe it has been so long since I have been here. Some of you complained that you came and I wasn't here. Sorry about that.

Tonight I want to share a few of the short things I have been reading or learning during my absence. See I've really been thinking about you.

Frances J. Roberts is an older writer who I've read several times. I go back to her when I get so busy I feel distanced from the Lord. A few weeks ago I picked her up again and read:

I have asked thee to give in order that I may bless thee more, I have challenged thee to pray so that I may respond and help thee. I have asked thee to rejoice in order to keep thee from being swallowed up by anxieties. I have asked thee to be humble to protect thee from the calamities that fall upon the proud. I have asked thee to forgive so as to make thy heart fit to receive my forgiveness. I have asked thee not to love the world for I would have thee loosed from unnecessary entanglements and free to follow me.

I have been looking into different leaders ideas about the importance of the spoken word. I first heard this taught about 25 plus years ago by Charles Capp from England, AR who is a regular on channel 25. I was captivated for a time but didn't get it deep down inside me. Since then so many well known ministers have taught it that it finally has made a deep impression on both Rod and I. We help each other change our way of saying things.

Recently a minister, I don't remember which one, had an interesting presentation. He used Gen. 11 about the Tower of Babel. I'll just pick out phrases but you need to read from 1-8. "The whole earth was of one language and of one speech" "Let us build us a city and a tower whose top may reach into Heaven and let us make us a name" Then in verse 6 "And the Lord said, 'Behold the people is one, and they have all one language and this they began to do and now nothing will be restrained from them which they had imagined to do." And he confused their languages and scattered them.

This minister said that God made this a "word planet." He created it with words, it is goverened by words and He set up spiritual laws that can be operated by words. These people all had the same goal, spoke the same thing and God said nothing would be impossible for them to attain.

It was suggested that if we would learn to control our tongue so much of our life would be better. We hang ourselves by our own tongue. We need to value our words more. No more, "my head is killing me, I can just look at food and gain weight, or I cannot remember-----no matter how hard I try." God has established it so that no one can control our lives except us. We must learn to value our words and speak, health, wealth, happiness, peace, etc. into our lives.

God created earth to show and share Himself with someone---an image bearer. It humbles me to know I am an image bearer. I'm sure I may hurt Him sometimes however He knows I am still working at it.

Recently I was praying for a particular thing for a person and the Holy Spirit spoke and said, "Don't call on me to do it. I gave you that power." I was stunned at first. Then I had to laugh. How many of us have said to our children, "Don't come whining to me, you can do that yourself,"? However, I soon lost my humor. Along with power comes responsibility. So I had to be careful as I spoke the answer to their need aloud and claimed it for that person.

One of the reasons I hesitate to write more sometimes, is because I don't want my words to be misinterpreted and lead someone in the wrong direction.

Thank you for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment